Monday, February 7, 2011

Marissa Danger Pretorius

     A mere seventeen years ago, no one could image that two ordinary people could come together and from such an extraordinary person. For most of my life I was inferior to most. Then God had an epiphany and realized I am the most astonishing person you will ever approach. From that day on, I was the most astonishing  person you will ever approach. Indians call me, "Greatest White Face Ever Seen". My beauty is impeccable.

     Even though, I am not the reason why Rosa Parks decided to sit in the 'white' area of the bus, but I did sit next to her on the bus the day she decided to do so. See, I have witnessed or inspired many monumental moments in history that have changed the world in some sort of way. I was present when Mandela decided to change South Africa to become the 'Rainbow Nation' it is today, and I am also the one who told Martin Luther King to dream. I am the one, who decided democracy was the next best thing, and that pink is the new black. My charm, will never be bound.

     I am the Lucy, I am Elanor Rigby, I am Prudence. I am the one who wants to hold your hand. I am the one who let it be. I am the egg-man. I am the walrus. Goo goo g'joob.
    
     In life, I have received many titles, but never have I received my high school diploma that dubs me, a high school graduate.

    

    

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment