Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Business Letter

123 Main Street
Penticton, British Columbia
V2A 3W1

May 25, 2011

Marissa Pretorius
105 150 Stocks Court
Penticton, British Columbia
V2A 9C5

Dear Mr. Kleats,

My name is Marissa Pretorius and I am the mother of Suzie Pretorius, one of the players on your team. I am a frequent attendee of the soccer games and I would like to address some minor concerns in regard to your coaching methods. I would greatly appreciate it if you took some time and read this letter.

Your willingness to volunteer as a coach for the grade nine girls soccer team is greatly admired by all your players and players' parents. We understand that this job entails a lot of time and effort. We also understand that taking on a big task, like coaching, is a big commitment, and the parents applaud you for being able to do this, but as a parent I see there are a few problems that have risen since the beginning of the season.

I have recently noticed that practises have been scattered through out the week, due to this my daughter has not been able to attend many of the practises because of her other commitments. This might also be the situation for many other players on your team. It would be beneficial for the team if practises were held on a set day of the week and time for the remainder of the season.

Out on the field I have also noticed that my daughter and the team play much better when reinforced with positive encouragement and critiqued with constructive criticism. By reinforcing them with positive feedback I notice the team displays more confidence in their skills and show much more enthusiasm towards the game.

One of my main concerns is the big emphasis on winning. As a human being I understand that winning is important to each of us, but it isn't everything. I have seen the players on your team react much more to a loss than a win. I think it would be very beneficial if you steered the focus on winning on to another aspect of the game, such as ball handling skills.

 Sincerely, 

Marissa Pretorius

No comments:

Post a Comment